Followers

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Underground

When morning falls and darkness breaks I see through hooded eyes.
Pierce the brightening blackness stilled and so the sunlight lies.
A cut can heal the deepest wound
I hope to lie asleep here soon
If I sigh out loud no one can hear my cries

I'm filled with painful silence that is drowning out my tears.
The days stretch on and my friend, I sense the shortened years.
I dread that nothing hears my song
That no one felt it all along
The shadows on the wall can't reach my ears.

Breaking down....
I'm just a clown....
I can't see the eatth my feet tread on
Chain me down....
Underground....
Light the fires behind the waning dawn.

Crashing soft the daybreak pulls me from my bed.
The velvet touch of sunlight burns my head.
Crying out I beg for peace.
Never can I feel release.
The prison of my freedom drives my dread.

No comments:

Post a Comment